University Center of Preventive and Social Medicine
A multidisciplinary team composed of (8 doctors, 3 dentists, 1 nurse, 2 biologists, 5 medical assistants, 2 dental assistants,) receives, listens and informs students of the University of Algiers 3, within the respect of professional secret, in its different structures:
- Center of Dely Brahim, equipped with a dental chair.
- Center of Caroubier
- Center of the Faculty of Political Sciences and International Relations
- Center of the Faculty of Information Sciences and Communication in phase of achievement.
Medical examinations are free taken and without an appointment.
An appointment should be taken for dental care only.
- General and dental medicine
- Medical examination for disabled students: Insuring medical assistance during student’s university life upon presentation of a medical file.
- Emergency service
- Preventive medicine examination for 1st year students
- Physical aptitude examination for 1st year students of PSEI
- Providing medical information on the university website ( tab “news” rubric “ health”)
- Prevention days ( AIDS, buccodental hygiene, drug addiction,… etc)
For the personnel
The preventive medicine doctor is the consultant of the administration, officials, and their representatives as regard the following:
Improvement of living and work conditions in the departments
- Offices hygiene
- Job’s adaptation
- Protection of officers against all nuisances and accidents risks or occupational diseases.
Medical and dental
Complementary examinations applied
- Visual acuity test
Special medical supervision upon doctor’s request
- Blood pressure
- Glucose test
Vaccination: (only upon medical prescription)
- DTP Vaccination
- Hepatitis B
- Influenza vaccine
Medical director: Dr.Aomar AKBI